Instructions for Submitting Your Tutoring Hours
VERY IMPORTANT: You can create your FreshBooks account only when you are assigned to a client. To prevent any error or delay in paying your salary, YOU MUST EXACTLY follow the steps listed in Section 1 of this manual. Please bookmark this page and return to it as soon as you receive the invitation e-mail for your first client. The e-mail will be sent from Liberty Tutoring – Billing with the subject Liberty Tutoring has added you to a project on FreshBooks.
Liberty Tutoring uses FreshBooks for recording tutoring hours and billing clients. Tutors are required to read the contents of this page thoroughly to learn the process of reporting hours. The subjects covered are as follows:
- Creating an Account for Reporting Your Tutoring Hours
- How to Log into Your Account
- Adding Additional Students to Your Account
- Logging Your Hours
- Submitting Your Hours
- Editing Your Hours after Submission
- DO NOT create your account before receiving the invitation e-mail for your first client. The e-mail will be sent from Liberty Tutoring – Billing with the subject Liberty Tutoring has added you to a project on FreshBooks. Once you receive the invitation e-mail to join a project, click on Join Project to accept the assignment and create your account.
- Click on the Sign up here link (located just above the Login Page box).
- In the box for Company Name, DO NOT write Liberty Tutoring or Liberty Tutoring – Billing. You must type your full name.
- Fill out the remaining mandatory fields and hit Get Started.
- Once you are logged in, a pop-up informs you that you have been assigned to a project; hit Continue. For Hourly Project Rate, enter your hourly salary; hit Finished.
- On the blue menu, click on Time Tracking, then on Tasks.
- Select all the default tasks and delete them.
- Hit New Task. Create In-person Tutoring as a new task. Ensure that you have checked Bill to Client and Assign to Project (or All Projects). Leave the rate for Bill to Client at $0.00. Hit Save.
- Repeat the previous step and create Online Tutoring, Joint Tutoring, and Cancellation Without Notice as new tasks.
- On the menu on the top of the page, click on Settings. Go to the Company tab; scroll down to the bottom to locate your account URL. Save the URL; you will need it to log in to your account.
- See the step 10 in Section 1. If you have trouble logging in, call the FreshBooks support at 1-866-303-6061, Monday–Friday, 8am–8pm EST.
IMPORTANT: Your Operations Manager makes sure that once you are assigned to a student, your Freshbooks account is also updated. If you have a client who has not been added to your Freshbooks account, please ask your Operations Manager to do it. DO NOT add the client by yourself, as it will cause errors and delay in paying your salary.
- Since you have already created an account and have an active student (project), when additional students are assigned to you, the e-mail notifications that you receive have the subject Liberty Tutoring has updated your list of projects.
- Once you receive an e-mail with the above-mentioned subject, click on the link given in the e-mail to log in to your account. This step is required, otherwise your hours for the new student will not be submitted properly.
- Once you log in, you will see an invitation right below the top blue menu. Click on the new student’s name.
- A project window appears on the screen. Click on Continue.
- On the next screen, select Hourly Project Rate and enter your hourly salary in the designated box.
- Hit Finish.
- Click on the Time Tracking tab, then click on the Timesheet tab.
- Next to the calendar, under Project, select the student whose hours you wish to log.
- Under Task, select the appropriate task.
- On the calendar, click on the date for which you wish to log a session; enter the length of the session for that day. (The length must be entered in real number format. For example, if you had a session for 1 hour and 15 minutes, the duration must be entered as 1.25 not as 1h15.) Click on Log Hours to save the session. Follow the same process to log more hours. If you are reporting a cancellation without notice, explain the details in the in the Notes field.
- Click on the Time Tracking tab, then click on the Generate Invoice tab.
- For Date Range, select the billing period for which you are submitting your hours.
- Select all the clients whose hours you wish to submit.
- For Format Time Entries, select Detailed.
- Click on Create Invoice.
- Once your invoice is created, click on Send by Email at the bottom of the page.
If you notice an error after submitting your hours, you can fix it as follows. If you still need help, call the Freshbooks support at 1-866-303-6061, Monday–Friday, 8am–8pm EST.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the Invoices tab.
- Open the invoice in which there is an error and click on Edit.
- Delete the line for which you wish to edit the hours. To do so, move your cursor to the line. A red “x” appears on the right of the line. Click on the “x” to remove the line. Hit Save.
- On the main menu, go to Time Tracking.
- Go to the Timesheet tab and click on the date on the calendar for which you wish to change the number of hours. Upon clicking, the list of all your students for whom you logged hours on that date appears below the calendar.
- Click on edit next to the student whose hours you wish to edit. Then, make the appropriate modification to the number of hours and the corresponding task (if applicable).
- Save your changes.
- Go back to the Invoices tab.
- Open the invoice you wish to edit and click on Edit.
- You will notice the message This client has unbilled time highlighted in yellow. Click on Choose items to add. A new window appears to re-create the invoice. Enter the correct billing period for Date Range; Select the student whose invoice you want to edit; choose Detailed for Format Time Entries; hit Done.